science-based health coach
Allison Murphy M.Ed, HHC
I offer you this question - How big do you want your life to be?
Perhaps my own story will resonate with you. Early on I was conditioned to abandon my own needs so that I could, instead, focus on others’ needs. In my opinion, decades of rejecting and ignoring my own needs led to chronic disease so serious that I was diagnosed with thyroid issues and two brain tumors. One of the tumors, a glioblastoma, was the same one that killed my father 6 months after his diagnosis. Deep down a very quiet voice told me not to touch it and I told my neurosurgeon, “No” when he suggested surgery. My body knew before my brain did.
Through researching and changes in my diet over the next couple of years my tumors began shrinking rather slowly with no medical intervention. However, when I began examining my decision making and feeling emotions that I had suppressed most of my life by pulling apart old family belief systems, my brain scans quickly cleared and my thyroid came into better balance (coincidence?).
Today, when I am in alignment with my true self, my life has a flow to it that gives me energy, is easy, and certainly more fun. Conversely, if I am not in alignment with who I am (if I become afraid and attempt to control), then life becomes a greater challenge for me.
I am confident that I can help the person who’s willing to explore new ways of navigating their life.
I've spent 35 years as a Health and Science Teacher and 15 as a Health Coach.
Change can be challenging, especially when we’ve been carrying a belief system that’s as old as we are. Having someone in your corner who can help remind you that you are more powerful than you think and feel you are, is vital as you move through any challenges that may arise. I will support you as you begin to realize, “No matter what, I’m OK; I’m enough!”
My programs are not magical and major life changes that a client may want to see happen do not occur overnight (although breathing techniques work immediately and food consumption can be felt right away). The skills I offer enable you to grow and maintain agency (inner strength) in your life so you can experience how great it is to live in strength, freedom and joy.
My programs are science-based and if you're that person who needs the data, I've got that for you.
With over 30 years as a Health and Science teacher, Health Coach, Yoga Practitioner, Plant Nutrition Counselor, and Mediator, I have the expertise to support and empower you to make simple changes as well as truly help you as you transform your life.
You decide how big you want to be in this world.
- Master of Education - Teacher Education
- Bachelor of Science - Health Education and Science Education
Certifications and Credentials
- NY State Licensed Health Teacher and Sexuality Educator
- CT State Licensed Health and Science Teacher
- Health Coach certificate from Institute for Integrative Nutrition in association with Columbia University and the New York State Department of Education
- Cornell University Plant Nutrition for Cancer
- IDE - Innovative Designs Educator (Technology Ed)
- 180 hours SUNY Westchester Center for Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Certified Mediator
- Yoga for Anxiety and Depression
- Yoga for 12-Step Recovery
- Yoga Ed. for Kids
34 Years of Health, Wellness, and Science
Awards and Published Works
- Excellence in Sexuality Education Award
- Who’s Who Among American Teachers
- “Current Trends in Cosmetic Surgery” Westchester Magazine
- “In Control of Cancer” Cornell University Nutrition Studies
- “I Am Enough” (2019)
- “Quiet Your Mind: Your Body’s Trying to Tell You Something” (2019)
- Podcast: Episode 2 Listen to my story here